Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Days Just Sittin' Around

So, I'm gonna take a moment out of my lazy life to blog about my utter laziness... Time has flown by since finals ended, but at the same time they don't seem like they ended only 11 days ago. I see people stressing about finals or working, too busy to relax even for a minute and wonder, "Was I like that?" Perhaps this semester was simply a breeze for me. I have a lot of factors and people to thank for that. A 4.0 for the first time in my life! I celebrated with my closest friend from CSU Long Beach (who also earned a 4.0 and got on the Dean's Honor List for the first time this semester) by eating at a Mexican spot near USC. Delish.

These days I've just been wasting away.. or, that's how other people would see it. The way I see it, I'm spending my days relaxing and enjoying the simple things in life. My days consist of: waking up late, playing with my nephew, running errands for my mama, reading books I've heard about but never got to read, talking on the phone, and maaaybe going out. Oh, and eating (a lot). I'm currently eating toast with butter and orange jam (courtesy of my parents and MGM Grand of Las Vegas). I'm not sure exactly what I expected out of summer. I suppose a lot more parties and glamor at night, but my days have definitely been sweeter than I expected. My laziness is saving quite some money, which will have to go into a lot of different things. Kazakhstan is a little over a month away and I can't wait. I'm only worried about the course work but I'm sure if anyone can handle it, I can. I'm not cocky.. just confident (: My parents are also investing money into opening a little snack shop inside the FIDM building in Downtown LA. For the first time in months I prayed to God that they.. WE would do well. They really deserve a break.

I would have kept my Xanga if I could, but the stalkers and undesirable readers were getting out of hand. I somewhat regret having to abandon it because I posted a lot of meaningful blogs there, at times revealing my innermost thoughts of which I was afraid to voice aloud. I hope I can do the same here, witnessed only by the eyes of innocent readers with honorable intentions. With that, I'll end for today. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment